Carrington Charitable Foundation supports wounded U.S. Veterans; Welcomes U.S. Army Staff Sgt. Jesse Clingman to new custom adaptive home
Foundation’s signature program dedicated to meeting the housing needs of combat-wounded Veterans
ALISO VIEJO, Calif. (Nov. 21, 2017) – This November, U.S. Army Staff Sgt. Jesse Clingmanand his family will celebrate Thanksgiving in their newly renovated and fully furnished custom home provided by the Carrington Charitable Foundation (CCF) and its signature program, Carrington House, which provides housing for severely wounded military Veterans who have returned from service in post-9/11 conflicts. CCF is the nonprofit organization of The Carrington Companies.The Clingman home in Spring Branch,Texas is the 19th home completed through the Carrington House program.
Through Carrington House, CCF purchased a three-bedroom, two-and a half bathroom property and made possible the complete renovation into a five-bedroom, three-and-a-half bathroom home that meets Staff Sgt. Clingman’s specific physical needs and accommodates the family of seven. Additionally, CCF paid off the mortgage on the Clingman’s previous home that had been severely damaged by flooding and was uninhabitable.
“Our mission is to support our Veterans who have made great sacrifices in service to our country, and serve them and their families by providing homes they can call their own,”said Brandon Nicolas, vice president, Carrington Development Company, which oversaw the project. “Every Carrington House home we remodel, renovate or construct from the ground up is designed to meet the specific needs of each Veteran to restore independence for them, their families and caregivers. After a thorough planning and design process, our team went to work to design a home that was wheelchair accessible for Jesse, and gives the family the space they need now and in the future.”
Custom features of the Clingman’s home include:
- Zero-threshold shower and five-foot turn-arounds in the Master bath for easy wheelchair accessibility.
- Grab bars in the Master bath and hallway bathroom, and handrails on front porch and walkways around the home.
- Wider doorways and hallways for wheelchair access throughout the home.
- New detached garage with space for a workshop and workout area.
- Home automation equipment including lighting controls, HVAC control and security system.
- Concrete walkways and ramps around the home for wheelchair access around the entire home and into the garage.
“We’ve been watching the construction almost daily and counting down to the day we moved in,” said Staff Sgt. Clingman. “We’re thrilled to officially settle in to our new dream home and furnishings. The Carrington Charitable Foundation has made life better for me and especially my family. Words can’t fully express our deep gratitude for the generosity they’ve given to me and my family. It is truly life-changing. I will always be thankful.”
The Carrington House program provides housing for catastrophically injured heroes and their families in three ways:
- Donations of housing near key military hospital centers for families during the difficult post-injury recovery process.
- Donated homes from Bank of America were remodeled and sold by The Carrington Companies. Funds from sales of those homes are used to build new homes for Veterans.
- The Carrington Companies repair, renovate and build custom, adaptive homes in communities across the United States to meet the unique needs of each wounded Veteran, so they can live independently and comfortably.
To learn more about the Veterans whom Carrington supports, please visit: http://carringtoncf.org/veterans-we-honor/.
The Carrington Companies
Carrington is a holding company whose primary businesses include asset management, mortgages, real estate transactions and real estate logistics. Collectively, the businesses are vertically and horizontally integrated, and provide a broad range of real estate services encompassing nearly all aspects of single family residential real estate transactions in the United States. Carrington’s international presence includes operations in the United Kingdom and Italy. To read more visit: www.carringtonhc.com.
Through its collective associates made up of Carrington leaders and employees, the company’s nonprofit organization, Carrington Charitable Foundation, contributes to the community through causes that reflect the interests of Carrington Associates. For more information about Carrington Charitable Foundation, and the organizations and programs it supports through specific fundraising efforts, please visit: carringtoncf.org.